Hanging out at Lake Julian with the family today. Fishing off a paddle boat like the cool kids do. #paddleboatswag
You have a platform, Dr. Dawkins, an audience, and in some real way I’m very grateful that you drew attention to the pre-natal … .
This is incredible. The second half is a tearjerker.
Well worth a read.
No one makes me feel more alive than this beautiful girl. Can’t wait to start our lives together. We get married in less than three months!!! :D
Hey guys, I haven’t done one of these in a while so I thought I would write one up today.
- Today is August 22, 2014. That means that Danielle and I are officially getting married in THREE MONTHS!!! That is so crazy and surreal to realize that three months from now I will be married man, haha! I cannot believe that God has been so good to me to give me such a beautiful and amazing bride as Danielle. My heart swells at the thought of seeing her walk down that aisle to me come November 22nd. I can’t wait!
- Last night I had the opportunity to hang out with good friends of mine who I’ve had the privilege of making a lot of good memories with over the years. I met them at Buffalo Wild Wings which has been our go-to hangout spot since it opened in Asheville. It was a bittersweet to know that last night might be one of the last times I hang out with them before I move away. I am thankful for their friendship and I will do my best to stay in contact with all my friends in Asheville once I move. It is time for me to move on from this city and follow God’s plans for my life and I have peace in knowing I won’t be doing that alone but with Danielle.
- I’ve been doing a lot of research lately on cars to potentially trade my Challenger in for. There is a big part of me that doesn’t want to see my Challenger go but I know that it’s days are numbered once Danielle and I get married. A Dodge Challenger is definitely a single man’s car and as much as I love driving it, I love the idea of being married and having a family with Danielle even more. That being said, I think Danielle loves the car even more than me, haha! I am going to look at a Jeep Patriot this evening when I get off work, I am excited to take it for a test drive. My heart really wants a Wrangler but I can’t justify getting one with its low gas mileage, safety issues, and small size.
- I started going to a new gym last week and I am loving it. It’s called “Hard Exercise Works” and follows a pretty similar format to CrossFit but is more reasoned in it’s approach then most CrossFit boxes I think. The name is not that original but I am getting better workouts than I have in a long time an I am thankful for that. The fact that I only have three months to get my body in better shape before the wedding means I have a lot of work to do!
- I am hoping to get in a quick hike this weekend if I can find the time. My time in these mountains is quickly coming to a close and I want to try and make the most of it before I leave. These blue ridge mountains will always be in my heart, no matter where I go and as much as I love this place I am ready for new adventures and this next chapter of my life to begin.
Hope everyone has a great Friday!
After a combination of bear walks and front squats, my hamstrings feel like they want to pop out of my legs this morning. It’s going to be fun day.
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
Just put this beautiful girl back on a plane to Texas. I have never been more in love with anyone than I am with Danielle and this week has been a reminder of why. She fills my heart with joy and it was especially hard to see her go today. I cannot wait to marry her and start our lives together because if there is one thing I have learned, life with Danielle is never boring.
God has so richly blessed us and I am so thankful for His providential grace.
Danielle and I are on our way back from Hot Springs, AR today.
It was a real blessing getting to spend time with her and her family camping these past five days. I loved every minute of our time there, it was such a blast. The last day we were there her family rented a ski and pontoon boat and we spent the day on the lake. I got to take the ski boat for a spin and went tubing with her family while more of them hung out on an island that we set up on for the day.
I wish that things had worked out so my family had been able to come with me but I am thankful that I was able to spend time with Danielle’s before the wedding.